OREM HERITAGE MUSEUM
PUBLIC HOURS: Stop by for a free guided tour or self-guided walk-through tour.
HOURS THROUGH NOVEMBER 2017 Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 1:00-5:00pm
NEW HOURS STARTING DECEMBER 2017 Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:00-7:00pm
LOCATION: The museum is located in the historic building just south of the SCERA Center at 777 South State, Orem. (Between SCERA and Maverick). There is a handicap ramp and handrails for easy access!
A visit to the Orem Heritage Museum is great for school and church groups, scout troops, senior center and assisted living facilities, clubs and organizations, and families and individuals. The museum is an impressive 2,000-piece collection that tells the unique history of the city of Orem through artifacts including:
- Coal stove, butter churn, old-fashioned washing machine, popcorn poppers, victrola, pioneer clothing and more
- World War I to Korean War displays featuring uniforms, equipment and weapons
- Indian petroglyphs and arrowheads
- Toy display
- A blacksmith shop and agricultural displays
- Early Orem schools, churches and railroad exhibits
- Evolution of Orem from agriculture, industry and education
- World War II Orem prisoner of war camp display
- Historic memorabilia from Geneva Steel and SCERA
- Diorama of 1940’s Orem with a working model railroad
- Historical videos of early Orem settlers
REQUEST A TOUR
You can also schedule a group tour outside of the public hours listed above. If you would like to schedule a group tour, call (801) 225-ARTS ext. 1030 to reach the Orem Heritage Museum. Click here to submit a tour request online and we will contact you to confirm the details.
VIDEO OF OREM HERITAGE MUSEUM