SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre
Free parking is available in several lots near the Shell – SCERA Park Pool (699 S. State St.), Orem High School (175 S. 400 E.), LDS Church (631 S. 400 E.), SCERA Park Elementary (450 S. 400 E.), SCERA Center (745 S. State), and along 400 East.
Main Office & Box Office/Web Site
The Main entrance, box office, concessions, and restroom facilities are located on the west side of the Shell (at the top of the hill). The south entrance is wheelchair accessible with a sidewalk leading to a flat, concrete seating area. A more easily accessible handicapped restroom is located behind the stage building.
The south entrance to the Shell is wheelchair accessible with a sidewalk leading to a flat, concrete seating area. A more easily accessible handicapped restroom is located behind the stage building.
All live events (plays and concerts) begin at 8:00pm. All outdoor movies begin at dusk. For plays and movies, the box office will open 90 minutes before the event and the gates will open 1 hour prior. For concerts, the box office will open 2 hours before the event and the gates will open 90 minutes prior..The box office is located at the west entrance for ticket purchases and will call pickup.
General Admission Seating
Two options available:
- Blanket seating on northeast side of hill.
- Chair seating on southwest side of hill.
You may rent a chair from SCERA for $1 at the gate (limited quantities, please bring a blanket for backup). You can bring your own low style lawn chair. Chairs brought from home can stand a maximum of 32 inches tall, with 12 inch back legs. SCERA may refuse chairs that block the view of patrons. If you want to upgrade your individual event to a reserved seating area, you must do so in advance at the main office between 10am-6pm weekdays.
Reserved sections A & B include a free chair and are located in the marked areas in the lower center of the hill. You are guaranteed a chair in A & B, but specific seats are not assigned. The Reserved Floor section has specific row and chair assignments and is located in the cement area right in front of the stage. You will need to show your reserved ticket to the usher before entering reserved areas.
>NEW!: Empty seats in Sections A & B will be released to the general public @ 8:30pm. You must be in your seat prior to that time!
- Smoking/Alcohol/Pets: Smoking, alcoholic beverages and pets (except for service animals) are prohibited within the Shell gates at all times.
- Cameras: No flash photography, audio recorders, or video cameras are allowed except those authorized by SCERA.
- Food/Drink: A wide variety of concessions are available for purchase at the shell. Our selection includes dinner items such as Jimmy Johns sandwiches, Papa John’s Pizza, pretzels, nachos, churros and hot dogs. We also have snacks such as ice cream, Dippin’ Dots, candy, bottled water, Icees and Coke products. We accept cash or VISA/MC/Discover. No large bags, coolers OF ANY SIZE or glass containers may be brought into the shell.
- Dress: Dress is informal, but shirt & shoes must be worn at all times. Summer evenings can be cool, so bring a blanket or jacket.
- Children: We welcome children of all ages. However, Please be courteous to patrons and performers by keeping your children quiet. Running and rolling on the hill are not permitted. No car seats or strollers may be brought inside the venue.
- Multi-Night Events: Tickets for Multiple-night events (i.e., plays) are good on any one night of your choice.
- REFUNDS/EXCHANGES: There are absolutely no refunds or exchanges on tickets.
- RAINOUT POLICY: In most cases, events will not be declared a “rainout” before showtime. A rainy day can turn into a beautiful evening and most shows continue regardless of cold, wind or rain. Come prepared for the weather, or plan to attend on another evening! *Multi-night event: If declared an official rainout by SCERA management prior to intermission, rainchecks will be given for one of the remaining nights. *One-night event: If declared an official rainout by SCERA management prior to intermission, (a) Shell Season ticket holders will receive a ticket to a future Shell event chosen by SCERA and (b) patrons who purchased the event separately may choose to receive a cash refund or exchange tickets from the rained-out event for a future Shell event chosen by SCERA. *Settlement: Rainout claims must be accompanied by the ticket stub or other proof of purchase. Settlements must be handled within one week (7 days) of the event. To make a claim, come to the SCERA main office between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
VIDEO OF SCERA SHELL OUTDOOR THEATRE